Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Today.... in History.....

I have a question for you.. ? Close your eyes, and think about what some of your favorite websites are, whether it be for music, gaming, or even Facebook. What would you do if you, the consumer, that uses these websites every day, every other day, once a week, or even once a month went to log in one morning, and wanted to do a search on Google and its website looked like this: 

Yes, this is today (January 18th, 2012) Google website

How would you react? Your go-to search engine gone? Because of someone pirating the stuff they see, and or hear on the internet. 

I'm not going to sit here and try to fill your head with information on why this is right, or this is wrong, but what I am going to do, is give you 2 links to look at:

The first one being of my cousin Violet.  She is talented, mad crazy smart, a beautiful photographer, loving wife and mother of Marshmallow(their adorable little puppy). She also has a blog, that yes I am going to plug, and probably plug quite often, along with her mother's, but today, hers explains alot about what this SOPA/PIPA thing is all about. And I would appreciate you taking a look.  http://blytheponytailparades.typepad.com/my-blog/2012/01/the-sad-truth.html

The second, coming from http://theoatmeal.com/sopa which gives you kind of a funny out look of what may happen if the Legislative took over the internet.

You can also go to www.google.com   and underneath the I feel lucky, and search buttons, a way to act now, sign a petition and vote. I did this, I didnt have to enter my complete name just my initials, an email address and my zipcode, so I could get more information and they knew where my vote was coming from.  

Please, if  this is the only thing you do today, check these links out, and vote, they can stop your internet from looking like the above picture, and I know that every gamer, blogger, and Facebooker, would appreciate that you did!

 Have a great day!

2 comments: