Monday, January 16, 2012

Someone has a case of the 'Mondays'.......

Ahh, good evening friends... Welcome to another Monday... Yes, I will say this with lots of maybe lack there of enthusiasm. This morning was great, woke up with my almost 4 year old Ginger girl screaming in my ear, "Mommy! Wake Up!"  As, I pretended that her screechy voice was actually coming from the water of a near by ocean of my own little island. That wasn't the case. So, I got up right about the time she stomped her foot and demanded a peanut butter sandwich.. And this is where it begins... Thinking to myself 'this is going to be a wonderful day, the sun will shine, birds will chirp, i will walk to my kitchen and have a full pot of coffee waiting for me, a nice hot drawn bubble bath and pure silence'. WRONG. The crazy mad fits that were thrown this morning, could definitely rival the Tom Brady/Tim Tebow score from earlier this past weekend, it was almost as if she was secretly watching and taking lessons.  I blame you football.. I blame YOU.


As you can see, yes, this morning got off to the wrong foot, or was it the right? well either way it wasn't starting out well.. I turned on cartoons and started to have a nice discussion with my friend Annie, as we talked about our morning and laughed at things that had already happened, I decided that i was going to make some bread, so i did.. Made 2 loaves that turned out really good actually, was kinda excited, however it used up all of the remaining flour i had so the cookie baking (which was yesterdays Ginger demand) will have to commence for another day, she was once again not a happy camper.  As I was cleaning up, I noticed that my dishwasher was sitting kind of funny.. Granted the black beast is old but yet it still works, not to mention the fact that when we were living in town, we got it for free, and put it in when we moved out to the farm almost 4 years ago. (Yes, I know in my profile statement it said I was a townie turned farm girl, however when i moved to this lovely corner of the state, we lived in a nice LITTLE and yes i do emphasize little house on the north edge of town, that was like being in the country.. Only 4 houses and ours was one but it was still in town) So, Zach and my father in law, tore out one of the cabinets under the counter to make room for this beastly dishwasher. Runs beautifully, except for the fact i couldn't run it and the microwave at the same time, or was it the washer?  Anyway,  something wasn't right.. I loaded it, put soap in went to shut the door... nothing.  it wouldn't shut the door completely. So, I did what any woman in their right mind would do... Try again.  Nothing.  At this time i really wanted to start screaming obscenities at my dishwasher, and may have at some point as to i don't remember it was a fog of pure frustration, for lack of a better word.  I thought maybe at one time I actually got the door shut on it.. only to know that my counter top of which my dishwasher is under and my microwave is sitting on top of was making popping noises to which either resulted to A)  having the microwave on the counter top is stressing it so its putting all of the extra weight on the dishwasher which means i cant close that door or B) im gonna wake up in the middle of the night to this huge crashing sound of my counter top breaking off my microwave falling on the floor. Neither of which REALLY bother me, but at the same time they do.. (Details for that at a later date) Mixed feelings?  Yes. But in the long run, maybe short, its all good.  As of right now, I still have a malfunctioned dishwasher, counter top mixture..

I sit down, thinking that maybe my daily dose of insanity was over, but i was wrong.  I take a look around my house and think to my self "Is this what it was really like when that tornado hit Dorothy's house during The Wizard of Oz"? Mine looks like the tornado picked it up, turned it upside down and shook it for about 10 minutes making sure that all the inner contents have been released.. Much like this.. 
yep, this is kinda what my house looks like
HA.  To pack or not to pack, that is the question..(again, this also be mentioned at a later date) I opted no, for another day. Like.. Tomorrow.

Yes! Yes Indeed!!!!
Well at least this way Ill have something to look forward to doing, that is if my Ginger lets me do so.  Have I started supper yet you ask? No. Do I know what I am going to fix, as you ask, No.  Therefore i should probably do this.  However before I go, I wanted to leave you with some happy thoughts.

My adorable, sweet, smart, and very imaginative nephew who LOVES dinosaurs (and his Aunt Jessi) of any kind wasn't feeling so hot a couple days ago, which made his Auntie sad. The energy he has, its amazing, and at the same time quite funny.  So, this morning, I found this picture  and posted it to my Sister in Laws Facebook page and wrote a little note:
hey lil buddy, hope your feeling better, and hope you have a good day at school! see you soon! ♥ aunt jessi
Not only was this nephew approved, but I got the cutest  little note back telling me thank you, then was told by his mom that he had to have the picture printed out and he was carrying it around the house with him.. Ahh.. love that little boy.  Later she told me that he had told her that he needed help reaching something because his "Arms were too medium". Ha, I couldnt help but laugh..  The things he thinks of..

 I, now feel as if i should go fix some supper, and continue to work on my dishwasher... Have a good night, and Hope you all have a great Tuesday!






"When life gives you lemons, find someone who's life is giving them vodka and throw a party!"  - Ron White



No comments:

Post a Comment